Missionary (noun): Someone who leaves their family for a short period of time so that others may be with their families for eternity.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Questions and Answers about the water

October 5, 2011

Are you only using bottled water?
As much as possible. I have no control over what kind of water members give to me. But apparently there's a taste difference. In the apartment, only bottled water.

Would an infiltration bottle be helpful for you on your mission?
All of our apartments have filters. I have been inside 3 apartments in Delhi. All of those have filters

Have you gotten sick from the water?
I am 100% certain that some members/investigators have given me tap water. And from that tap water, I am 100% that I have gotten sick. Sometimes I'll carry my own water around with me. But I don't want to offend them either. So I switch off every so often.

Do you ever drink the water or do you only drink bottled water? Bottled water, 99% of the time. Again, I can't control what members give to me. I use tap water for showers though.

How do you wash your fruit and vegetables when you prepare a meal?
Bottled water. With rice, we wash it out first with tap water. Then we empty out that water into the sink and fill it with clean, filtered water. We use that water for steaming the rice.

Do you brush your teeth with bottled water?
Yes.

Are you taking the antibiotic pill every day?
No. The water in Delhi is too dirty for Malaria to exist. Ironic, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment