Missionary (noun): Someone who leaves their family for a short period of time so that others may be with their families for eternity.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

"My first mission email!"

May 31, 2011

My first mission email! yay! I have no idea how to send out mulitple emails at the same time, unfortunately, so I'm just sending this to you, mom; forward it as you please.
I am loving life!!!!! My MTC district is the most amazing creation ever! Our district has 5 companionships; 2 of them are Sister companionships. They are amazing. I don't know what I'd do without them. Elder Payne from Utah is District Leader. All of my district but me and my companion Elder Bradley are going to Nashville, Tennessee. Elder Bradley will be joining me in India New Delhi. But we don't even notice. I've known them less than a week, and they're already family (we said the same thing on Saturday, too). We have some seriously spiritual experiences in my district.
My roommates are going to Madagascar. They've been here 8 weeks and know the ins and outs of the MTC. They're leaving next week. They constantly speak Malagasi, which sounds amazing. I'm almost jealous, but I don't think that I could stand 9 weeks here. It's a great place, but very challenging.
I'm excited about the blog. I can't access it from here, unfortunately. There's a nice little timer up in the corner. I can only access MyLDSMail and LDS.org. Unfortunate, but expected. I just sent you two envelopes; one envelope has two letters in it. I sent out the Thank You cards at the same time, so that's done.
I'm learning a lot. I can completely feel the power of the Spirit in my teaching. We have practice Investigator meetings to create real spiritual experiences. Roleplays are our life. My companion and I have had one second appointment interview acceptence thing! not the best record in the world, but we are steadily progressing.
Piano time is hard to come by now. I'm constantly looking for an empty classroom after meals to play a quick song. Elder Bradley is very patient in that regard. I went to the temple today! It was beautiful! I plan on going on a "Temple Walk" next week and take pictures. I have some beautiful pictures of the SLC Temple while visiting there!
I took my camera for the first time with me yesterday. By the time I finished taking two pictures, it ran out of batteries. I have since changed them out, no problem, but all camera possibilites of that time are now gone forever; guess you'll never get to see what rain looks like!
Elder Bradley is from Utah, and is used to the cold. I am from Arizona and used to the hot. The weather is one of our most common conversations. It's very nice right now!
My P Days here are on Tuesdays. my laundry time is at 3:15. I'm slightly early due to the advice of the Madagascar Elders.
That's all for now! Love you all!
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment